Friday, December 2, 2011

Giverny France October 2011

Giverny was, by far, the best, most amazing place I visited in France. There is something about natural beauty, for me, that outshines the things men create. Having said that, I know that men did create what nature provides in the most appealing way.
The streets that wound around with the vines and flowers...well, the pictures cannot do them justice. The way the people in the village planted and preserved the quaintness of the old homes, walls, and gardens was/is amazing. It is such a peaceful place, where I knew, if I was alone and had time; I could have a meditation time that would truly produce results and heal parts of me that a physician will never be able to.


Monet's Gardens were beautiful. As Monet created them with the beauties of nature, I'm sure he didn't realize how many people would be drawn here and find relief from the storms of life.

Pixie and Blaine are enjoying the sights from one of the picturesque bridges.


My favorite part of Monet's gardens were these ponds with the water lilies and trees. It was like being in a fairy tale, and I was the Princess. Totally amazing.



My beautiful oldest sister Doris. She is the artist in the family. She does beautiful oil paintings.

These are the actual 'beds'. Everything else was planted in a wild natural way.



The streets have such a charm. With all the tourists this town gets, there is not a lot of privacy, except within the fences and walls of their beautiful, quaint yards. You've never seen private property taken care of so well, to preserve the natural beauty and the 'out of time' homes.


My youngest sister Tisha. She found a beautiful scarlet leaf.

The vining on the old walls were amazing. All of the beauty of nature combined in Geverny!



This is Monet's family plot. Notice the flowers they put on some of the graves, they are ceramic. They are beautiful and last forever. I loved them. I think I want that on my grave.



I love how it didn't matter how twisted the wood was, they made it work. I have taken quite a few pictures to show the wood. It tells a story of it's own.


The streets with their twists and turns held surprises at every bend.

No comments: