Saturday, December 3, 2011

Along the Seine October 2011

Our trip was on the Viking River Cruises on the Viking Spirit. It was so calm and relaxing. Most of the time we were cruising, we were also asleep...or were supposed to be. We did have a couple of daytime cruises. The first one was because the lock keepers were going on strike. In France they are really good to notify everyone of this. We had to leave during the day and be bused to Versailles. The little villages, castles, homes, etc. were fun to see and it was so relaxing. It was just a wonderful trip all together. It was so nice to be with my brothers and sisters and their spouses.

I learned a lot of history. I'm sure some of that history was covered in my world history classes in Jr. High, but I didn't remember a lot of them. And...I may have messed up some of the history as I tried to remember what I was told on the tours. However, I came away enriched in new experiences, tastes, sites, and sounds, and a greater appreciation for our Founding Fathers and the great country we live in. We have not had to live in oppression, and may that ever be!









No comments: