Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good, better, BEST!!!!!

So...A really good thing to do today would have been more painting. Yesterday, Rachel and I took a much needed break and went to Joplin. We were walking through Hobby Lobby and she said that the one thing that made her a little sad was that she wouldn't be getting a butterfly quilt. Well, I knew I had the fabric for it here, so I told her we would go home and make it. Well, found everything BUT the cutting mat. I call my new Bishop's wife and asked if she might have one, which she did and we borrowed. Cut everything out, brought out the sewing machine...no foot pedal. So this morning, I returned the mat and told Chris about the machine. She offered to send her brand new sewing machine home with me, which I felt a little uncomfortable with. So, she asked if we wanted to sew it there...sew we did! Five hours later, minus the handwork, here it is. The pink and green are NOT fluorescent, they are just bright. Rachel and I are very pleased with the BEST thing we could have done today!




No comments: