Saturday, November 9, 2013

2013 to this point in review with pictures

I believe I have an obsession with birds.  The birds in Missouri are so beautiful and varied compared to the ones in Idaho.  Having said that, life in Idaho didn't leave much time to be able to watch birds, nor did I have a bird feeder.  But I love the birds here with their vibrant colors.  I have literally taken hundreds of pictures of birds at my bird feeder, just waiting for that perfect picture.  They are so easily scared away and the zoom lens I have is manual, so I have to do all of the adjustments.  Lots of the pictures are a little fuzzy.  They just don't want to pose the way I want them to...go figure.














We also learned what ice storms were, before and after snow.  In the early morning sunshine it looks as if the trees, fences, everything, is coated with diamonds.  Deadly driving, but stunningly beautiful.  Photos can never do justice to the reality.










February brought our first real taste of Winter, with snow, ice, wind, and cold.  Beautiful to look at inside the house with a warm fire roaring and a cup of hot chocolate in hand.





No comments: