Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fun in Alabama

I have a very interesting work schedule.  For four weeks, I work 4 days of 12 hour shifts, then I have 4 weeks of 3 days of 12 hour shifts.  The last 4 days and the first 3 days run into each other, which means that I have 7 days of 12 hour shifts.  Now, if you think that is confusing, there is also the required overtime.  I was told I would be given 2 to 3 days advance notice on whether I was required to come in on one or more of my days off for addtional 12 hour shifts.  Well....the truth is, it is 2 to 3 hours before I finish the last shift of the week!  After the 4 weeks of 3 days, there are 7 days off.  Well, that is, IF you are not required to work required overtime on one of more days. 

Stan wanted to come and help Isaac with his drip irrigation on his new place and we all wanted me to be able to go as well.  I found out at 3:35 AM on Friday morning, I would not have to work for the seven days, so we left as soon as I got home.  Stan had packed out things separately, so if I needed to work, that bag could stay home.

On our way, we had one of those sunrises that are misty.  We could see the full sun with no problem.  It was really beautiful, so I though I would share a couple of pictures.



Saturday afternoon, Isaac came in the house and told Heidi that he had pulled the hose over to the driveway, we needed to come out....and bring the cameras.  It had rained, a lot.  Stan and Isaac had gone out to check on the garden area to see if they could do a little tractor work.  It was way too wet, but the kids had followed them out and found small children's dreams come true...a mud bog!

The older girls started throwing mud at Zach, who was not thrilled with that, so he left the bog to get comfort from his mother, which she was not willing to give.  He ran around after her trying to hug her legs.  We were all laughing so hard.  Poor Zach was getting NO sympathy!



The girls were having nothing but fun!  Zach decided it was just too much fun not to join in again.  I am so thrilled that Isaac and Heidi understand that dirty children can take a bath.  Times like this do not come often, but they make great memories!  Imagine if they had been pulled out, cleaned up, and disciplined!  The looks on their faces would not be the ones you see in these pictures.  Childhood is short and needs to have some really dirty fun!!!




No comments: