Saturday, February 4, 2012

We have had some newcomers to our table the last little while.  I really need to get a bird book and find out what types they are.  This little one here is a yellowish green, very pretty.  It's mate's colors are muted, but not as much as the Cardinals.  I love the picture of the three birds on the feeder at once!  It happens often, it's just hard to get a clear picture of it.  The 3rd picture shows the mate of the top picture.  Then there is the picture of what he looks like from the back, I love how their wings lay!  I got a picture of one of the little birds with the sunflower seed in it's mouth!

In pictures 6 and 7, I have another new mate!  I love the red laced into the brown feathers of the male.  The the last newby is the last picture.  He has a little top knot himself.  The wind was blowing pretty good today. It's fun to watch their feathers blow all over, but they never have a 'bad hair' day for very long.  Their feathers know where they belong!










No comments: