Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When sleep will NOT come.....

Today Stan and I put together my quilting table. It was NOT fun, took hours, and left my hip and knee in a LOT of pain! I soaked and went to bed early, but couldn't sleep. So, at 1 AM I got up and made these!! These are pillow cases for Rising Star Outreach Center in India. It is a group who takes care of the children of lepers. It is a boarding school. In India, it is most common for people to sleep on mats, on the floor, with pillows. Most of these children don't have either. My sister in law, Gloria, and her daughter, Holly, volunteered with both the center and the lepers for a month. Gloria wanted to at least have all the children have pillows and asked for members of the family to make pillow cases for the children, all a little different so they would know which one was their's. It was fun to do this. Having so much, it's difficult to imagine those who don't even have a pillow to lay their heads on. We are SO blessed!




No comments: