Saturday, November 12, 2011

We'd like a garden next year, but.....


The people, probably several people, before us made some really nice raised beds with weed barrier, really good weed barrier, at the bottom of top soil they had hauled in. However, they, or those after them, let them go fallow. In Missouri, if it is fallow, it goes back to forest.


Stan and I spent a VERY productive day and got the trees out! It was a lot of pulling, prying, shoveling, and at the end with the big ones, the truck and a chain. We were very pleased with the beds and the huge pile we created! However, our little Mantis rototiller quit. I worked and worked on it, but couldn't get it going:( I will need a tiller in there, but that will be another day. The pile doesn't look very big, I should have parked the truck behind it, it would almost hide it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That looks completely different than when I was there! So clean! Good job!