Sunday, March 11, 2012

THIS is what happens when....

....you are doing remodeling, you have piles everywhere, because all of the places you were putting things, are being deconstructed.  You may notice the film of wall dust on the leather couches.  Yeah, it'll be nice to have it all done and cleaned up!  These pictures were taken at 1 AM on Monday morning.  We are trying to keep me on a little bit of the same schedule so that going back to work Tuesday night won't be so hard on me.







I must explain the old countertops.  This is a picture of what they looked like.  Now the explanation!  Whoever lived here before wanted, I'm sure, some nicer looking countertops. Sooooo, they did some moj poj.  I'm not kidding.  They used a sponge with several different colors, then they did the clear top coat that you use on moj poj.  You can see the brush strokes and everything!  The countertops were always sticky.  It was truly gross.  Where they had spilled boiling water, or put something hot on top, the moj poj had melted into a wavey something.  Anyway, it was just pretty gross.  Hence, Stan and I decided I needed a new kitchen when Lowe's had a promotion of 18 months 0% interest, if paid on time.  That is how we got our nice kitchen in Idaho.  We have an enclosed trailer we used to move, which we are selling, which will cover a good part of the cost.  Stan is doing a great job and when I come home from work and see what he has done...well, let's just say I'm delighted.  Our marriage has survived several deconstruction, remodels.  I think it will last!


No comments: