Sunday, July 10, 2011

George Washington Carver Monument, Diamond, MO.

This is one of the little known facts about myself. I didn't even remember it myself until I was driving towards Neosho, MO and saw the sign for the George Washington Carver monument. When I was young, I read voraciously. In grade school at the Grace B. Wilson elementary school, they had a library full of biographies of many people who were remarkable in various ways. I read all of them, but the only one I remember much about is Mr. Carver. I was so excited! I will have to go back another time when I was several hours to read everything and see the films they have there. It is actually a National Park, but there is no admission fee because of the beliefs Mr. Carter held sacred. Please click on the Carterisms below. What a remarkable man. Google him, if you don't know anything about him, it's a really good read.






Part of the monument is interactive, a lot of fun for the kids.

No comments: