Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Joseph Smith, Jr. Family Reunion July 2011

One of the trips Rachel and I made to Missouri coincided with the Joseph Smith, Jr. family reunion. Heidi and her sister Katie are direct descendants. Rachel and I were invited to go with them. It was the first time we had seen England for quite some time. It was so nice to be with her for a little while and visit with Michael and Katie. Elizabeth is quite shy, but we were able to meet her and enjoy the time.

When England first saw me, she came running saying, "Grandma Deidra, Grandma Deidra, you are here." I was wearing clips on my glasses and she asked me to remove them so she could see my eyes. When I did, she put her hands on each side of my face and said, "it really IS you, Grandma Deidra!"


They had a lot of fun activities. Zach got into playing football. Isaac wanted a picture of Zach with the Community of Christ temple. They had great activities for the children so that the parents could go on tours and do other things without having to worry about the little ones.

Stan wasn't able to be there, but the kids were able to talk with him on the phone.












Here we all are: Back: Zach, Isaac, Heidi, Me, Elizabeth, Katie, Michael.
Front: Savannah, England, Charlotte, and Maddie.
Unseen in Heidi, is Caroline, and in Katie, Abraham!
We all had a great time and made some memories, which will remain, because I actually blogged them. It's the only journal I keep!



No comments: